Friday, February 24, 2012

Slow and Easy

My week has been slow, but this weekend is going to be super busy. I spent most of the week catching up on cleaning that I missed while I was sick last week. I hate having to catch up after being sick. I'm feeling better now, have been working out 5 days a week, and so far, so good because I've lost 30 lbs! Rock!!

Tonight we had to go to the high school basketball game. All of the boys in my oldest son's class have been penpals with members of the varsity basketball team. Aww, I think it's so cute that this big 12th grade basketball player writers letters to my little 8 year old! I'm sure they probably get some kind of English credit for doing it or something, but still! All the boys got to meet their penpals and sit behind the b-ball players. It was cute how the big guys would pose with the little guys! My son loved it. They get to eat lunch with them next month.

That reminds me, I don't really like to put my kids' names in my blogs. I don't even know why.. guess I'm just not comfortable with it, so I've decided to just refer to them as something simple when I talk about them in my blog. I've given this a lot of thought and finally came up with this ahh-mazing nicknames! R u ready?

Boy #1: My 8 yr old son.
Boy #2: My 7 yr old son
The Girl: My 7 yr old daughter (yes, they are twins).

Wow that was a  lot of thought there and I'm so glad I figured it all out! Phew!

Got our income tax return today. This year sucked ass because last year my husband was on worker's comp. for 11 of the 12 months. Worker's comp was not taxed and is not claimed on taxes. Soo, our return was less than half of what it is normally. It does suck, but it's still enough that we can get caught up on some bills and (maybe) do a little shopping tomorrow! weeeee! I love shopping, we just never have the money to do it.I wish I could be one of those people who could afford to go shopping every week and buy something for themself whenever they want. Gawd, I need a job. I've got a few freelance jobs to do, but the pay still won't even be close to what I would make at a job outside of the home. My car is still not fixed so even if I got a job offer, I'd have no way to get there. Hopefully we can get it fixed this coming week.

Then Sunday the boys have another wrestling tournament but this time it's in my hometown, so hopefully I will know some people there and it won't be so dull.

Daily Dose



Photobucket

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your kids' blog names. So creative, and, easy to remember! I also use fake names for my kids on my blogs, so I know the process of coming up with the names is challenging. I don't know why I'm paranoid about using their real names either. But for now I just am. lol. Maybe that will change in the future. We'll see.

Tiffany Little said...

Im a new follower from the Blog it forward Tuesday hop. Please take a moment to check out my blog and link up with my everyday hop.
http://www.shhhhhjustbetweenuandme.com/p/share-your-shhhhh-everyday-hop.html

Ms POSH said...

I know some people who would love that image.



Stopping by from the Tuesday Hops to say hello.
Have a great day!
POSH

Your Ad Here